When you use Samizdat website, various types of personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information about you may become available or be purposefully collected by Samizdat and third parties that provide site usage statistics services to us.
Samizdat is committed to keeping such data confidential and does not seek to gather any personal information aside from that which allows us to provide you with quality service, analyze the readability of our own content, and assess the functionality of our web and mobile products.
The entity responsible for all acts of data processing in connection with the use of the website (Controller) is Autonomous Non-Profit Organization "TV-Novosti", whose legal address is: 3, bldg.1 Borovaya Street, 111020 Moscow, Russia.
Our service links to services run by other companies. These companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
2. What information we collect
Samizdat collects website user information either directly from you or from third parties that automatically collect this Information during your use of our website.
- Information we collect directly from you. We may collect information that you give us. For example, your email address if you subscribe to our newsletter, or any information about yourself that you choose to disclose through an email sent to us.
- Information we collect from third parties. We may collect website user information about you from third parties that collect information automatically on our behalf through your use of the website, such as web analytics companies. Such information may include your IP address, as well as information about your browser, type of operating system, type of handheld or mobile device you are using to access Samizdat website.
Samizdat offers an email newsletter. If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you have expressly consented to our use of your name and email address for information purposes in this context.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter. If you experience difficulty with the "unsubscribe" process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your email address.
4. Third-party links
Samizdat website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and controlled by third parties. Please be advised that Samizdat is not responsible or liable for the privacy policies of such web sources.
5. How we may use personal information
We use your information for these types of things:
- To deliver our services and to provide you with information about them
- To personalize your Samizdat experience
- To receive feedback from you and respond to it
- To analyze user behavior in order to improve our web products
- To block attempts to disrupt the work of our website
6. Data Security
We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security procedures are continuously revised based on the latest technological developments.
The information we receive from our trusted business partners placing third-party cookies on our website may include, for example, information about your operating system, the webpages accessed within our website, the link that led you to our website, and the dates and times you accessed our website. We may also use third parties who collect Information about website visitors through their own cookies, web beacons, and other technologies regarding your online activities, either on our website and/or other websites across the Internet, in an effort to understand your interests and deliver you advertisements that are tailored to your interests.
Data on your use of our website will be stored in a cookie in order to retrieve it on a return visit to our website. In this way, we can identify you during a subsequent visit to our website and adjust our services to your exact needs.
8. Duration of storage
We only store your personal data until the particular purpose for which it was acquired is satisfied or as long as we are legally obliged to do so. Once the particular purpose ceases to exist, your personal data will be completely deleted.
9. Right to information and revocation
As a user of Samizdat website, you have the right to request that Samizdat:
- provide you with access to the personal Information we hold about you
- correct your personal Information
- delete your personal Information
- cease or restrict processing of your personal Information
If you have any questions about our collection and use of your personal Information, please first contact us at email@example.com. If you are unable to obtain the information or resolution that you seek, you may also contact our Data Protection Officer: Mr. Schmidt, email: firstname.lastname@example.org